Sunday, November 4, 2007

Los Angles Fresh & Easy Arcadia opens 11/8

I got the confirmation a couple of days ago Arcadia's Fresh & Easy near the intersection of Foothill and 2nd Avenue is set to open Thursday 11/8. I haven't been able to get the solid confirmation for Glassel Park but it too may open on 11/8. As soon as I have something positive I'll let you know.

I found out that prior to the opening in Arcadia, Fresh & Easy got a list of local non-profit agencies. The new store employees will review the list and vote to decide who will receive $1,000 grants to help fund their programs. I think that it is terrific when a company contributes back to the community. Even better when they contribute before they even start sales and making a profit. A welcome wagon basket in reverse, what a great idea. (I can't wait for them to get to Monrovia so I can make some nominations to groups who need help.)

No comments: